What a great day. Gavin was a happy boy throughout the blessing. I think he'll go down in Mormon history for having the most people in the circle. With just brothers, bros-in-law, Todd, grandpas and the greats we had a grand total of 16! I know that was a lot but I thought this will be the only time that we'll have everyone in both our families in the circle. I loved looking up at the circle and seeing all those worthy priesthood holders and thinking of the great influence they'll have on Gavin. We're blessed!
Gavin also got to share his special day with Jonny who gave his goodbye mission "talk" before leaving on his mission to Bolivia. It all worked out great! My only regret is that I forgot to get a picture with Gavin and Jonny together.
The outfit...? Well Kim had this premie outfit that she thought she would one day use for her girls, but never did, so she gave it to me. And yes, it still fit him. Thank you Kim! I was grateful because I had searched the town looking for a decent priced outfit that wasn't a tuxedo and couldn't find one. My superhero Grandma Marilyn saved the day and added the cute ribbon and buttons to make it masculine! Thank you Grandma!
Todd gave a perfect blessing and told him to remember who he was named after. Gavin's middle name is Ryan named after our dear friend Ryan Alder who passed away in a car accident just over a year ago. We hope he'll follow in Ryan's footsteps and those great examples around him as well.
After the church meetings my family and Todd's all went to Todd's parents house to enjoy a wonderful dinner. Thank you everybody for your help!!

No comments:
Post a Comment