I love playing sports, especially SOCCER! I don't enjoy watching sports as much as most guys do, but I really got into watching the 2010 World Cup held in South Africa. I of course cheered for the US and Spain (where I served my mission). The US did better than ever, but was eliminated quickly. Spain, however, was looking pretty good from the start. They made it to the World Cup Finals for the first time in their history, fighting for the goal against the Netherlands. I so badly wanted to watch the game, however it was scheduled for the same time we go to church. A conflict arose. The obvious choice was to go to church. BUT, at this time our newborn baby Gavin was only about a month old and we still weren't comfortable with taking him out in public, especially church. So it just happened to be my turn to stay home with him on this particular Sunday. So I guiltily watched the game at home, taking care of my baby. It was a close game and went into overtime, but Spain finally got their goal in with just a few minutes left. I had to really contain my yelling to not startle the baby! So here's a picture of that historic event.

Today my lovely wife planned a surprise trip to the Rio Tinto stadium to watch last years MLS champions Real Salt Lake play. I've also wanted to take a girl on a date to a soccer game, I finally get it, and she's my wife. Blog to come shortly.
Well, I hope you've enjoyed my version of a blog. Maybe there'll be more to come.

2 comments:
I hope there's more to come. And sorry to say that is the second video...remember Christmas time Jasilyn and Kate singing and being silly. Love it all babe, please comment more!!!
Reliving the glory days, huh? Except you're not fully out on the world wide web since your private. Lexi, come on, why private?
Todd, keep posting. It's probably nice to have two people keeping up a blog. I just love you guys!
Post a Comment