Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gavin's 1st Birthday

On our 2 year anniversary we celebrated Gavin's 1 year birthday. I like that, less dates to have to remember (This is Todd posting, btw).

No, we didn't procrastinate updating the blog for a few months, this only happened a week ago. You've gotta love Utah weather in May. It was windy and a little cold.All of both our families came to help celebrate (minus those who live out of state, plus Shelbie and her boys)

Some of the gifts: (Thanks everyone!)
Ummm, Kim? What's wrong with this picture?
That's right, I don't think the thumb is supposed to be extended. You're teaching it to him all wrong. (Maybe it is, I don't know)

The Cake:
I can't believe he is a year already. Lexi and I have loved watching him grow and look forward to more. Thanks to everyone who came. It was fun!

Addition to post:
I just realized that Lexi already started a post on Gavin's bday but didn't finish because of the pictures (we need to communicate more, I guess) So here is what she had written:

Title: Gavin 2, Us 1

Gavin is ONE! We had a "little" party for him at the park with about 40 people there, that was just my and Todd's siblings and their children as well as our parents oh and "uncle" Manookin. Gavin opened gifts (thanks to all you sweet people who gave him gifts), devoured his cake and played with toys! It was really cold for May 16th, but turned out to be a fun party despite the weather!

For those who don't know, Gavin came on our one year anniversary, which I was grateful because he was four days early. So we get to share two amazing days. Two years have flown by. I can't believe that we've been married that long! It makes me excited for the coming years as I look around and see those who've been married longer than us and their happiness as more children and other events arise that bring them close together. Todd and I went out to eat the weekend before our anniversary at the wonderful Olive Garden. I told Todd I want to go somewhere that we don't have a coupon for, since we usually will only go out to eat if we have a coupon. After Gavin's party we shared gifts. I gave Todd a gift certificate to one of his favorite "hole in the wall" Mexican restaurant, El Gillo Gello ("El Gallo Giro", sorry this is Todd again, just editing) and some mango pop. Todd is the thoughtful one in our relationship and gave me a cute necklace (which he put on me...dream come true...sorry for the cheesiness, can't help it) as well as Mancala and a new game called Pepper.

No comments: