Today we went to the naval base where Rob works. It was pretty amazing. There were planes everywhere that Rob knew all about and what tests were being done on them. I didn't take much pictures cause that would make us look suspicious.
We parked right next to the runway and watched a couple of planes take off. That was sweet. Then we drove to the water and stood on the sand.
For the 15th time I wished I was like my dad and always brought a handkerchief with me.
We drove around some more to the beginning of the runway where we saw the back side of some f-16s (or whatever they're called) take off. That was pretty cool, and loud. Then we saw a deer.
After we went just outside the base to the museum. Being here has brought me memories of when Lexi and I had been dating for about a month when she came out here. I'm not sure how I survived without her for a week but somehow managed. I wouldn't be able to do that now. Anyway when she was out here she took lots of pictures, posing for me and they became treasured memories forever imprinted in me (ok I'm starting to sound like a poet, a little weird). But I remembered those pics taken at the museum with her and knew exactly her pose and facial expression with the stuff in the background. So it was crazy seeing it all again but now being married and with our son this time.

It's been such a great week and we're sad to leave. Once again we hope all goes well with Gavin on the plane tomorrow. Thanks to Rob, Tina and family for being such good hosts and for all the memories (and for letting me drive your sweet car everywhere). We look forward to our next blog worthy adventure!
We parked right next to the runway and watched a couple of planes take off. That was sweet. Then we drove to the water and stood on the sand.
For the 15th time I wished I was like my dad and always brought a handkerchief with me.
We drove around some more to the beginning of the runway where we saw the back side of some f-16s (or whatever they're called) take off. That was pretty cool, and loud. Then we saw a deer.
After we went just outside the base to the museum. Being here has brought me memories of when Lexi and I had been dating for about a month when she came out here. I'm not sure how I survived without her for a week but somehow managed. I wouldn't be able to do that now. Anyway when she was out here she took lots of pictures, posing for me and they became treasured memories forever imprinted in me (ok I'm starting to sound like a poet, a little weird). But I remembered those pics taken at the museum with her and knew exactly her pose and facial expression with the stuff in the background. So it was crazy seeing it all again but now being married and with our son this time.
It's been such a great week and we're sad to leave. Once again we hope all goes well with Gavin on the plane tomorrow. Thanks to Rob, Tina and family for being such good hosts and for all the memories (and for letting me drive your sweet car everywhere). We look forward to our next blog worthy adventure!

2 comments:
Minor clarification, F-18s not F-16s. We also saw two T-38s take off.
We had a blast!
-Rob
We had so much fun you guys!! I'm so glad you came. I put some pics on fb too... sorry I have been lazy with blogging...
Post a Comment